Zero Waste Bowl
I cannot purchase every ingredient that I cook with or use in my recipes in bulk. So when I find places that sell my favorite items in bulk, I get very excited. Integral Yoga Natural Foods in New York City has an extensive bulk section and they sell corn quinoa pasta! I have not found another store near me that offers this product in bulk. I know that this meal is not fancy, but it represents everything that I love: good food, no garbage. I bought a bunch of fresh kale (not wrapped in plastic!) and pasture raised eggs (I return the carton).
This is just a template for a dinner bowl:
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, and extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 cup cooked corn quinoa pasta
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Scramble the two pasture raised eggs with nutritional yeast.
- Tear up the kale leaves and sauté them.
- Combine the eggs, kale, and cooked pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle with more nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste.