Sweet & Spicy Granola
This comforting, delicious granola is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet craving. Many granolas are way too sweet for me, but this one came out just perfect. And, because I’ve been craving all the spices this fall, I included lots of cinnamon and ginger for a nice kick. After attending an event at the Feed Feed with Simply Organic foods, I’m fully stocked on Simply Organic spices and have been putting them to good use! This is a zero waste recipe because you can find all the ingredients in bulk (package free!) or in glass containers that you can reuse or recycle. (And because none of it will go to waste!).
Ingredients (serving size = 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine the oats, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a baking sheet and mix.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add in the cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup.
- Once the spiced coconut-y syrup is a liquid and the spices are dissolved, pour it over the oat nut mixture in the baking sheet. Mix so that the syrup is evenly distributed throughout the oats, seeds, and nuts.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, mixing it every 10 minutes. It is really important to set the timer every 10 minutes so that the granola doesn’t burn!
- When it’s golden and your kitchen smells like heaven, remove the granola from the oven and let cool before transferring into an airtight container for storage.