Sweet Potato Latke Casserole
I posted this creation on Wednesday and have never received so many requests for the recipe. AND I LISTENED. Here is the fabulous, delicious, nourishing recipe for Sweet Potato Latke Casserole. I love latkes during Hanukkah even though they can be a pain to make. After a latke making marathon, my mom suggested we bake the remaining batter. BOY OH BOY was that an amazing idea. Necessity (or exhaustion) is the mother of invention. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have and feel free to have it YEAR ROUND. It’s perfect for breakfast or a side. ENJOY and happy holidays.
SWEET POTATO LATKE CASSEROLE (serves 6)
- 6 cups shredded sweet potato (from about 1-1.5 sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings (optional): unsweetened apple sauce, coconut or cashew yogurt
- Prepare the ingredients by shredding the sweet potato (with the skin on! Hello fiber and nutrients!). I like to use the food processor with the shredding attachment! Then, chop the onions.
- Crack the 4 eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- Add the sweet potatoes, onions, eggs, brown rice flour and a generous amount of salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 400F for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Check on it halfway through.
- You’ll know it’s finished when it’s bubbling at the top and the whole house/apartment smells amazing!
- Take a deep breath before enjoying.