Supergreen Pistachio Pesto
I’ve been composting carrot top greens for AGES thinking that they were inedible. Oh how wrong I was! They are perfect in a pesto. Pesto is one of my favorite sauces/dips and I like to play around with the greens that I add (sometimes its kale and spinach, this week it was carrot greens!) and the nuts. This carrot greens and pistachio combination is divine. Carrot greens pack a nutritional punch with vitamin A and C, calcium, iron, fiber, and chlorophyll (the green pigment!). This recipe can be made with all zero waste ingredients and I cannot wait for you to try it!
- 2/3 cup pistachios
- 2 cups carrot top greens (rinsed thoroughly)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large handful of basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Pink Himalayan sea salt + fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp water
- Add water and olive oil into blender first.
- Then add all other ingredients and blend until desired consistency. (I like to leave it a bit chunky!)
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Take a deep breath before enjoying!