Romanesco & Tofu Dinner Bowl
Broccoli is my absolute favorite vegetable, so I was excited to try this weird, alien-looking, cross between broccoli and cauliflower vegetable for the first time. It is nutrient dense (filled with vitamin C, folate, potassium and fiber), a bit sweeter than broccoli, and more easily digested than other vegetables! If broccoli and cauliflower upset your stomach, try Romanesco for your cruciferous fix! And, don’t leave those leaves behind. Chop them up and include them when you sauté the florets!
- 1-2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 Head of Romanesco
- 1 Container of Extra Firm tofu
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Heat avocado oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Sauté Romanesco, its leaves, and tofu in the pan until Romanesco is cooked!
- Take a deep breath and enjoy! Note how you feel compared to when you eat other cruciferous vegetables.