Lemon Coconut Bites
I have been craving sunflower seed butter and wanted to make a refreshing snack for the week using this all star ingredient. Because I am thrilled with how these turned out, I am sharing the recipe with you! Sunflower seeds contain vitamin E (an antioxidant), magnesium (healthy bones + energy production), and healthy polyunsaturated fats. These delicious seeds are perfect to add to salads, a snack mix, or energy bites. I only buy sunflower seeds in bulk (zero waste!) and pre-made sunflower seed butter in glass jars. The lemon and coconut flavor really come through and the sunflower seed butter adds a rich texture. I cannot wait for you to try! (NOTE: Add more dates if you need these to be sweeter. Since eliminating added sugar, my sweetness sensitivity is heightened and I need less sweetness than usual!).
- 6 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 6 pitted dates
- 50 grams coconut flour (1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until combine.
- Use your hands to roll about 1 Tbsp of the mixture into about 12 small balls.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator.
- Take a deep breath and enjoy!