Green Goddess Pasta
Pesto is one of my favorite sauces for pasta dishes, but often it upsets my stomach. Luckily I can tolerate this Vegan Kale Pesto to get my pesto fix. It is FODMAP friendly and vegan!
- Gluten Free pasta of choice (I like a quinoa pasta)
- 2 cups basil
- 1 cup curly kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Baby spinach
- Cook the pasta!
- While the water is boiling, make the pesto. Combine the basil, kale, lemon juice, garlic infused olive oil, nutritional yeast, and nuts in a food processor. Blend until combined and add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time if needed for the pesto to mix well.
- Mix together the cooked pasta with the pesto and baby spinach to have a Green Goddess Pasta meal!