Gingerbread Energy Bites
These zero waste Gingerbread Energy Bites made with Simply Organic spices are perfection. I’ve been making Phoebe Lapine’s Raw Gingerbread Energy Balls from her book The Wellness Project since last summer and can’t ever seem to make enough of them. I made a few tweaks to the recipe based upon ingredients I had on hand and to support my continued attempt at seed cycling. The result was just as spectacular, if I do say so myself.
And, these bites are zero waste! I purchased the oats, hemp seeds, almonds and dates from the bulk section in my own containers- so they were single use package and plastic free. And, the coconut oil and spices are in glass containers that I reuse. I’m bringing these to a Feed Feed event tonight and I know that they are going to be a hit! I can’t wait for you to try them! Please let me know what you think
GINGERBREAD ENERGY BITES (makes about 20 balls!)
- ½ cup almond butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until combined.
- Roll into individual balls (~1 tbsp each) and refrigerate.
- Take a deep breath before enjoying. You’re going to go bananas for these!