Gingerbread Cookie Pecan Butter
Nothing screams the holidays quite like gingerbread cookies. So, while my husband eats sausage rolls on Christmas morning, I’m opting for a Gingerbread Cookie Pecan Butter sandwich. What could be better than that to start off the magical holiday? Using the NutraMilk makes this recipe come together quickly and easily. I put quite a bit of ground ginger in the recipe because I love that sharp bite of ginger (plus, ginger is a digestive aide and who doesn’t need some digestion support during the holidays?). If you’re less of a ginger fan, add 1 tsp instead of 1.5 tsp! You and your family are going to LOVE this recipe. Enjoy it yourselves or give it as a gift in a beautiful mason jar. Spread it on toast, banana bread, or eat it by the spoonful.
Sustainability note: you can purchase all the ingredients in this recipe in most bulk sections of the supermarket, making this one of my zero waste recipes!
GINGERBREAD COOKIE PECAN BUTTER (vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free, grain free, zero waste)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 5 medjool dates (remove seeds)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the pecans to the NutraMilk. Process on the “Butter” setting for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add in the spices and process on the “Butter” setting for another 2 minutes.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve on toast, as an icing on cupcakes/muffins, or eat right from the jar (it’s THAT good!).
Thank you for supporting me and the brands, including NutraMilk, that I have the privilege of working with!