Cardamom Overnight Oats
Making a batch of overnight oats on the weekend makes for relaxing weekly mornings. Oats are filled with soluble fiber that keeps you full, prevents blood sugar spikes, and reduces LDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol). I buy my oats from the bulk section of supermarkets and use homemade almond milk to keep this breakfast low waste!
Ingredients (5 servings)
- 2.5 cups oats
- 3 cups almond milk (or another milk)
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- If you want the oats to be a bit creamier, you can blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into 5 containers and place in the refrigerator over night.
- Take a deep breath before enjoying!