These treats will warm you up and are a nutritious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are perfect for dessert or even breakfast! Let’s focus on the walnuts in the recipe. Walnuts provide protein, fiber, healthy monounsaturated fats, and have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This recipe is a yummy way to add these superfoods into your life!
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 5 Apples (Fuji are my favorite)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Blend oats, walnuts, and pecans for about 10 seconds until they form a chunky mixture.
- Core 5 apples and place them in a casserole dish. Pour the oat/nut mixture into each apple and any left over mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together maple syrup and water and pour over the apples!
- Cover the dish and bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes. You can pour more water/maple syrup if it looks a bit dry!
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top, take a deep breath and enjoy!
Note: There is no need to preheat the oven. You can just turn the oven on when you put the apples in!